I'm now on the other end of this, observing my kids with their own expectations and deep desires, which can be "very serious situations" for them.
Friday, September 28, 2012
Day 10: Star Performer
Today
Toby was very proud to have been awarded the Star Performer of the week, despite all of his anxieties about his performance at school which continued tonight as he fretted over an art project at risk of not being completed on time. I tried to take a light-hearted approach and compared it to yesterday's homework which worked out just fine, but he explained to me that I didn't realize "how serious of a situation" this was. I'm hoping the weekend and having his friend over to play tomorrow will loosen him up a bit. He has his toys laid out ready for a battle.
Also shown here, The Dark Crystal, which I came across on Netflix today and had a memory of when I was a kid and my parents took the family out to see the movie, Gandhi, which was released that same year, 1982. But I stubbornly refused to see it, desperately wanting to see The Dark Crystal, so my Mom went with me while my Dad and sister saw Gandhi.
I'm now on the other end of this, observing my kids with their own expectations and deep desires, which can be "very serious situations" for them.
I'm now on the other end of this, observing my kids with their own expectations and deep desires, which can be "very serious situations" for them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment